The CompTIA A+ certification is an entry-level rite of passage for IT technicians. This certification is designed for individuals seeking a career as a help desk, support, service center or networking technician, and it covers PC and laptop hardware, software installation and configuration of computer and mobile operating systems. A+ also tests a candidate’s understanding of basic networking, troubleshooting and security skills, which serve as a springboard for CompTIA networking or security certifications. The A+ is required for Canon, Dell, Intel and HP service technicians. Candidates must pass two exams (exams 220-1002 and 220-1002) to earn the A+ credential.
CompTIA A+ 1001
- Troubleshooting and mobile devices
- Hardware and Network Troubleshooting
CompTIA A+ 220 1002
- Windows Operating System
- Software Troubleshooting
- Operational Procedures
- Other Operating Systems and Technologies
- Fundamentals of Cloud computing & operational procedures
- Minimum grade 10 or equivalent
- Ability to use a personal computer
- Full time – 4 months
- Part time – 4 months weekend attendance
- Online virtual learning – 4 months virtual subscription via learning management platform
- Part Time & Full Time face to face tuition– R18 000 on terms with a R 5400 deposit and 4 monthly instalments of R 3 150.00 (Includes all learning materials, exam prep & international exam vouchers for 1001 & 1002).
- Online virtual tuition – R5 400.00 on terms with a R2 000 deposit and 4 monthly instalments of R 850.00 (Includes access to all online learning materials, e-mail support & bi-weekly virtual tuition).
- IT Support technician
- IT Support Administrator