The purpose of this qualification is to build a foundational entry into the field of Computer Sciences and Information Technology, specifically into the field of IT Support/PC Technician. It combines both a national certificate qualification as well as industry recognised vendor certifications such as the CompTIA A+ certifications.
An IT Support/PC Technician is a person who repairs and maintains computers and servers. The technician’s responsibilities may extend to include building or configuring new hardware; installing and updating software packages; and creating and maintaining computer networks and supporting the end user.
- Minimum Grade 11 and or Grade 12
- Foundational English and Mathematics at Grade 11 (NQF Level 03)
12 months (Full time & Part-time)
You will required to build up a portfolio of evidence as proof that you can perform certain tasks in practice. The POE is used to compile evidence to prove your competence during moderation and verification by the Quality Assurance body being MICT SETA.
This qualification has been designed to provide the student with both national and multiple international certificates, recognized locally and internationally by industry for maximum employability. On completion the student will earn the following:
- National Qualification
- National Certificate: IT Technical Support SAQA ID: 78964, NQF4 163 credits
- International Certifications:
- CompTIA A+ Certification: Exam 220-1001.
- CompTIA A+ Certification: Exam 220-1002.
The qualification is divided into three parts, FUNDAMENTALS, CORE & ELECTIVE. In total there are 6 modules.
- Module 1: Computer Literacy, AND if applicable
- Basic Numerical Literacy
- Language and Communication
- Module 2: Computer Technology Principals & Support
- Module 3: Data Communication & Networking Support
- Module 4: Personal Development – learn how to do proper research, understand business concepts, effective communication in an IT environment and much more.
- Module 5: Desktop Operating System, Windows 10
- Module 6: Workplace Preparation
Part Time & Full Time – R24000 on terms with a R4 800.00 and 11 monthly instalments of R1 745.45 (Includes manuals, POE, assessments & moderation, international Exam Vouchers).
- Computer/PC Technician
- IT Call Center Operator
- Network Administrator
- Hardware, Software or Technology Sales
- General Office IT Support