Village Tech is duly endorsed with the South African Council of Educators (SACE) to provide training and development to qualified Educators across South Africa. Further, endorsement with SACE means that any Educator who successfully completes an endorsed training programme through Village Tech will earn CPTD (Continuous Professional Teacher Development) towards their professional profile as qualified Educators.
Village Tech has developed a training programme that focuses specifically on the integration of ICTs into the teaching and learning environment in line with technological advancements in other industries. The training programme is titled Support Learning with Technology ™. It has been fully endorsed by SACE and will earn Educators 15 CPTD points on successful completion.
- Certifies key concepts relating to the use of ICT in the classroom
- Supports Educators who wish to start effectively using ICT in their professional practice.
- Empowers Educators to drive the adoption of technology in the classroom
- The programme has been developed with input from subject matter experts in the areas of teaching practice and IT user skills.
- Educators will earn 15 CPTD points towards their professional development through Village Tech’s accreditation and programme endorsement through SACE.
The program has been designed to be presented over a period of 12 weeks at +/- 6 hours a week as follows:
- Weekly – 6 hours divided into 2 hours daily, i.e. 3 sessions per week
- Weekly – 6 hours divided into 3 hours daily, i.e. 2 sessions per week
- Weekends – 6 hour session over 12 Saturdays