A Computer Programmer or Coder, is someone who writes computer software. They figure out the processes of designing, writing, testing, debugging/troubleshooting and maintaining the source code of computer programmes. This source code is written in a programming language so the computer can ‘understand’ it.
- Minimum Grade 11 and/ Grade 12
- Foundational English and Mathematics at Grade 11 (NQF Level 03)
12 months (Full-time & Part-time)
You will be required to build up a portfolio of evidence as proof that you can perform certain tasks in practice. The POE is used to compile evidence to prove your competence during moderation and verification by the Qaulity Assurance body being the MICT SETA.
Your modules will also require you to take the the international the Java SE:Programming I and II computer based examinations and pass the required international certification standards.
This qualification has been designed to provide the student with both national and multiple international certificates, recognized locally and internationally by industry for maximum employability. On completion the student will earn the following:
- National Qualification
- Further Education and Training Certificate: IT: Systems Development SAQA ID: 78695, NQF4 165 credits
- International Certifications:
- Java SE 11: Programming I exception handling, lambda expressions, and modular programming)
- Java SE11: Programming II ( secure coding, modular programming, and database access).
- You will need to pass both exams in order to earn the JAVA 11 certification
The qualification is divided into three parts, FUNDAMENTALS, CORE & ELECTIVE. In total there are 7 modules.
- Module 1: Computer Literacy AND if Applicable
- Basic Numerical Literacy
- Language & Communication,
- Module 2: Introduction to computer programming
- Module 3: Introduction to networking
- Module 4: Concepts of computer architecture
- Module 5: Introduction to web design
- Module 6: Introduction to system analysis
- Module 7: Testing IT systems
- Module 8: Maintaining health and safety in an IT environment
- Module 9: Workplace Preparation
Part Time & Full Time – R24 000.00 on terms with a deposit of R4 800.00 and 11 monthly instalments of R1 745.45 (Includes manuals, POE, assessments & moderation and international Exam Vouchers).
- Junior Programmer
- Web Designer
- Systems Developer