The purpose of this qualification is to build foundational entry into the field of network/systems support. A qualifying learner will be equipped with good fundamental knowledge and competencies in order to perform preventative maintenance on hardware and network equipment to prevent errors in an IT environment as a systems administrator. The qualification combines both a national certificate qualification as well as the industry recognised vendor certification MCSA( Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate). The MCSA certification creates a unique combination of meeting both academic and industry standards.
A Network or Server Technician is a person who is responsible for setting up, maintaining and troubleshooting computer hardware and software systems in support of business operations.
- National Senior Certificate (Grade 12)
- Foundational English and Mathematics at Grade 11 (NQF Level 03)
12 months (Full time & Part-time)
You will be required to build up a portfolio of evidence as proof that you can perform certain tasks in practice. The POE is used to compile evidence to prove your competence during moderation and verification by the Quality Assurance body being MICT SETA.
Your modules will require you to take the Microsoft MCSA 70-740, 741 and 742 computer based examinations and pass the required international certification standards.
This qualification has been designed to provide the student with both national and multiple international certificates, recognized locally and internationally by industry for maximum employability. On completion the student will earn the following:
- National Qualification
- National Certificate: IT: Systems Support SAQA ID: 48573, NQF5 147 credits
- International Certifications:
- Microsoft MCSA-Windows Server 2016:
- 70- 740 (Installation, storage & compute with Windows Server 2016)
- 70- 741 (Networking with Windows Server 2016)
- 70- 742 (Identity with Windows Server 2016)
The qualification is divided into three parts, FUNDAMENTALS, CORE & ELECTIVE. In total there are 7 modules.
- Module 1: Problem Solving Techniques.
- Module 2: Personal Development –learn how to do proper research, understand business concepts and effective communication in an IT environment, AND if Applicable
- Basic Numerical Literacy
- Language & Communication
- Basic Computer Literacy
- Module 3: Installing & Configuring Windows Server 2016
- Module 4: Administering Windows Server 2016
- Module 5: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2016 Services
- Module 6: Network Concepts, Architecture & Standards
- Module 7: Desktop Operating Systems, Windows 2010
- Module 8: Desktop Application Environment Implementation
- Module 9: Advanced Desktop Operating System, Windows 10
- Module 10: Deploying and Managing Windows 10 Using Enterprise Services
- Module 11: Workplace Preparation
Part Time & Full Time – R25000 on terms with a R5 000.00 and 11 monthly instalments of R1 818.18( Includes manuals, POE, assessments & moderation and international Exam Vouchers).
- Server Administrator
- Network Administrator
- Systems Administrator
- Enterprise Infrastructure Administrator