The purpose of this qualification is to build onto existing knowledge in the field of systems development. A qualifying learner will be equipped with advanced knowledge and competencies in order to develop complex software applications in most IT environments as a Computer Programmer. It combines both a national certificate qualification as well as the industry recognized vendor certifications ,MCSD (Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer)
The term Systems Developer/Computer Programmer can refer to a specialist in one area of computer programming or to a generalist who writes code for many kinds of software.
- Grade 12
- English and Mathematics at Grade 12 (NQF Level 04)
12 months (Full time & Part-time)
You will be required to build up a portfolio of evidence as proof that you can perform certain tasks in practice. The POE is used to compile evidence to prove your competence during moderation and verification by the Quality Assurance body being the MICT SETA.
Your modules will also require you to take the the international the Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer Certification MCSD 480 or 483, 486 and 357 computer based examinations and pass the required international certification standards.
This qualification has been designed to provide the student with both national and multiple international certificates, recognized locally and internationally by industry for maximum employability. On completion the student will earn the following:
- National Qualification
- National Certificate: IT: Systems Development SAQA ID: 48872, NQF5 131 credits
- International Certifications:
- MCSD – SELECT ONE :
- 480 (Programming in HTML with Javasript and CSS3) OR
- 483 (Programming in C#) , AND
- 486 (Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications)
- 357 (Developing Mobile Applications)
- MCSD – SELECT ONE :
The qualification is divided into three parts, FUNDAMENTALS, CORE & ELECTIVE. In total there are 7 modules.
- Module 1: Personal Development
- Module 2: Database Design, Implementation & Development
- Module 3: Computer Programming, Development & Problem Solving
- Module 4: Gathering Techniques for Computer System Development
- Module 5: Programming & the World Wide Web
- Module 6: Maintaining health and safety in an IT environment
- Module 7: Workplace Preparation
Part Time & Full Time – R25000 on terms with a R5 000.00 and 11 monthly instalments of R1 363.63 (Includes manuals, POE, assessments & moderation and international Exam Vouchers).
- Procedural Programming
- Software Developer
- Web Developer
- Software Tester